I had seen these very pretty roses made from apples on pinterest. They looked so good and I love apples! I looked around and tried to find how to make these beautiful delights. After reading a few recipes, this is how I decided to make them.
I only used a little less than 2 apples to make these roses. I came up with approx. 12 roses. Your roses will vary with the size of your apples. The brand of apples I used was Pink Lady.
- Apples Slices, thinly sliced
- 4 cups of Apple Juice
- 2 cups of Sugar
- Ready Made Pie Crust, the type you just unroll
- Powdered Sugar
- Boil the apple juice and sugar in a large pot.
- Add the apple slice and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the apple slices. They should be bendy and not mushy.
- Unroll your pie crust and make stripes approx 1½ inches wide.
- Lay your apple slices end to end on the pie crust, leaving some of the apple above the crust. Make sure to leave a small bit of the crust uncovered at the ends.
- Start at one end of a strip and roll the apples up into the crust and pinch together.
- Place the roses on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- When your cookie sheet is full, place in the oven at 400 degrees. Times will vary on cooking so make sure to watch as they cook.
- After they are done cooking and have cooled, place a small amount of apple juice in a bowl.
- Dip the apple roses, rose down, in the apple juice. Dust with powdered sugar, cinnamon or whatever garnish you would like. (picture shows powdered sugar)
Who would you make apple roses for?