I have always wanted to try my hand at making truffles. I picked a healthy recipe to try first. These Black Bean Truffles are great source of protein and they taste just like dark chocolate! No one had any idea there were black beans in this recipe until I told them.
I have to admit when I was making these, they do not smell good. I kept thinking to myself, “how are these going to be good?” . Trust me, it is worth it.
- 1 15.5 oz can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2½ tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Pudding Powder
- 5½ tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 package of Chocolate Almond Bark
- Mix beans, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the bean mix to a large bowl and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for about 20 minutes. (you want the mixture to be firm)
- Remove the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on a flat tray covered with wax paper.
- Place back in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Melt your Almond Bark.
- Remove your balls (reshape as needed) and using a toothpick, dip each ball into the almond bark.
- Place them back on to your tray to cool.
- Add sprinkles if you desire.
- Keep in the fridge.
What type of truffles do you enjoy?