Mexican dishes are always a hit at our house. I went looking for something a bit different than the average tacos we usually make. I found this really yummy Chicken Enchilada recipe.
The great thing about this recipe is if you are watching what you eat, you can swap out most these ingredients for low-fat or low-carb options. I personally didn’t add the onions, since I am not a huge onion fan.
- 16 oz. of Sour Cream
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped Cilantro
- 2½ cups of shredded cooked Chicken
- 1 can of Mexican Rotel
- 1 cup of chopped Onion
- 8 to 10 Tortillas
- 1 can of Green Chiles
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- In a pan, heat up the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and cilantro while stirring constantly. Heat through and set aside.
- In a skillet, add your chicken, Rotel, onions, and chiles. Heat until onions are transparent. If you don't add the onions, just heat to mix the juices.
- Tip: If you warm your tortillas before you wrap them, they will fold better.
- Place approx. 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla. Add a pinch of cheese.
- Wrap your tortilla like a burrito and place in a greased 8x11 pan, crease down. Repeat until you filled out your tortillas with all the chicken mixture.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the tortillas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place your pan in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Inspiration for this recipe came from Skinny Mom