Who doesn’t like some comfort food? Chicken Noodle Dinner is my favorite, but it has to be made with homemade noodles. I think the noodles make the dinner
If you ever go to Bob Evans, this is a close second to their dinner. It is so easy to make!! All you need is a crock pot. I like to serve the Chicken Noodle Dinner over mashed potatoes.
- 9 cups of Chicken Broth
- ¾ cup of chopped Carrots
- ¾ cup of chopped Celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 batches of noodle (recipe below) or 16 oz of homestyle noodles
- Put everything inside a large crock pot.
- Cook for 7 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken breast and shred. Return the chicken to the crock pot.
- Cook for an addition hour.
Here is the recipe for the noodles. Super easy.
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Milk
- Beat the eggs and add in the milk.
- Add the eggs and milk to the flour.
- Mix together.
- Roll out on a floured countertop and let it dry for 1 hour.
- Cut into noodles.