The one thing we have to have at our family dinners are rolls. Normally we go to the store and buy rolls there. This year, I decided to try my hand at making dinner rolls.
I was rather pleased how they turned out. I probably should have let them rise a bit longer before baking, but that didn’t effect taste. YUM!
- 2 to 2¼ cups of flour
- 1 envelope of fast rising yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Mix in a large bowl: ¾ cup of flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt.
- Heat the milk, water, and butter until it is very warm.
- Add the milk mix to the large bowl.
- Use your electric mixture with the bread hooks and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add ¼ cup of flour and beat for another 2 minutes on high speed.
- Keep mixing in the remaining flour until it is a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 8 minutes, or until smooth.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 parts and roll into balls.
- Place them in a 9 inch round pan (greased).
- Cover and let them rise in a warm place until they are double in size.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
What is the must have at your family dinners?