I have never made cheesecake. Since the Christmas is fast approaching, I decided to try making cheesecake with a little bit of eggnog.
You will need to make sure the cream cheese is softened. I didn’t quite wait long enough.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Ground nutmeg
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl.
- Press the crumbs into a 9x13 pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, ⅔ cup of sugar, eggnog and vanilla together.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed.
- Gently pour the mixture over the crumb crust
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake cool, then place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Add the nutmeg to the top of the cheesecake before serving.
Do you have a favorite eggnog recipe?