The leaves are changing and the weather is getting chilly. Fall has arrived! I am not a huge fan of cold weather but I tried to come up with a way to enjoy Fall.
Of course I went with cookies. They are so much fun and really yummy!
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 5-6 cups of Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- Using a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- Mix the sour cream and baking soda in a smaller bowl, then mix it in with the sugar and butter.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs.
- Sift flour and baking soda together and mix it into the mixture slowly.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough out and cut into your desired shapes.
- Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes. (adjust time as needed)
For the icing, I used Royal Icing.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 lbs of powdered sugar (you may not use all of this)
- gel food coloring
- Combine the egg whites and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Shift the powder sugar.
- Add the the powdered sugar a little at a time to the large bowl. Use your hand mixer with the hooks.
- Once you get a fairly stiff icing, you can use this for piping.
- For flooding, you just need to add a bit of water to the icing.
- Take bits of the icing to mix up the colors you will need in smaller bowls.