My hubby knows I love Mozzarella Sticks, so he brought me home some from the store. I have never figured out why they never put marinara sauce in those packages. You simply can’t have one without the other in my opinion. So I made it my quest to create a yummy marinara sauce to go with them.
I made this Marinara Sauce in the crock pot and I made enough to freeze for future use. This sauce will also make a great spaghetti sauce and makes excellent Chicken Parmesan.
- 2 tablespoons of dried onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 - 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- In a crock pot (5 quart or larger) add all ingredients and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Adjust seasonings to your taste.