I love potato soup this time of year. I will share with you my recipe that I have been using for some years now. It is a fairly easy recipe and it only requires one pot to make it.
This soup is creamy and cheesy. It will be a hit with your family.
- 4 thickly cut slices of bacon
- 4 leeks, cut thinly
- 3 14oz cans of chicken broth
- 3 lbs of potatoes, cubed
- 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley
- In a large pot, cook your bacon.
- Remove the bacon.
- Remove all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Toss the leeks in the pot. Cook until tender, stirring them often.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook the potatoes until they are tender.
- Remove 2 cups of the potatoes with a slotted spoon.
- Place the 2 cups in a food processor along with the cheddar cheese. Puree until it is smooth.
- Put the puree back into your pot. Stir constantly until the cheese has melted. (do not boil soup)
- Add the salt, pepper and parsley. Crumble bacon on top.
What is your favorite soup?