White Queso Spinach Dip was the result of me craving 54th Street Restaurant’s Gringo Dip. I wanted something spicy that I could enjoy with tortilla chips and mix up quickly before game time.
This queso dip is a thin, cheesy dip that I modified a bit, due to not being able to find some ingredients in my grocery store. (Apparently when you go shopping on the day of the first football game of the season, the entire cheese selection is picked over.) Everything in this dip can be purchased at your local Super Walmart. This dip ended up being medium heat, so it definitely isn’t something you will be able to enjoy with young kids. You could very easily modify the ingredients list to make a mild version though.
Note: This dip is very runny, so you will want to purchase the Tostitos Scoops to hold the dip so that it doesn’t drip on the table, or as in my case, your chin.
- 16 oz Mexican Dipping Cheese - Jalapeno (located by the shredded cheeses at Walmart)
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (Mild), drained
- 5 oz Creamed Spinach, thawed (I used Green Giant, purchased in the freezer section under vegetables)
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Using a knife, cube the Mexican Dipping Cheese and place in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients above to the saucepan and continue to stir until all cheese cubes are melted.
I hope that you enjoy this White Queso Spinach Dip Recipe as much as we do!
What is your favorite dip for football season?