I wanted to make some super fun treats for Halloween and decided to make some Witch’s Cauldrons.
Witch's Cauldron Halloween Cake Pops Recipe
- 1 box cake
- 1 container of icing
- candy melts (I used black, yellow, and vibrant green)
- sugar pearls - green
- edible markers (red)
- cake pop sticks
- Styrofoam (to place your cake pops in to dry)
- Make your box cake according to the instructions using a 9x13 pan.
- Once your cake is cool, crumble the cake in a large bowl.
- Add icing a little bit at a time until you easily form a ball and it sticks together well.
- Make into balls and place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Freeze the balls for at least 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours is up, melt the black candy melts.
- Dip a cake pop stick into the candy melt and place it in a ball. Repeat.
- Then dip the cake pops into the black candy melt to fully cover the cake pops and place them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. This will create a flat bottom for the cauldron.
- Once the black candy has hardened, melt a bit of the yellow candy melt.
- Place the melted yellow candy melts in zip-lock bag. Cut a small hole in a corner that will allow you to pipe the yellow onto the base of the cauldrons to create the fire.
- Once the Yellow is dry, take your red edible marker to add to the fire.
- Place the sticks into the Styrofoam so you can work on the top of the cauldrons.
- Melt some of the vibrant green candy melts. Place it in a zip-lock back like the yellow.
- Pipe the green onto the top of the cauldron and even drop some down the side to make the brew.
- Take a toothpick and make swirls in the brew. Place some of the green sugar pearls on the brew before the candy melt dries.
These cake pops turned out O-So-Good! They were a big hit around this house.
Have you ever tried making cake pops? What tips and tricks do you have?